Monday, January 21, 2013

HP ProLiant Micro Server (N40L) in Singapore

Specs & Info here

Finally I've got my own home server from USA. I've upgraded the box with some extra memory, ATI and 2x2TB HDD.

I am using this box for only a week or so, but I can see how worthwhile to spend my money on this box. At 500+ this is not a cheap box but certainly a Value-for-money home server.

I still wonder, why HP is not selling this in Singapore. I've seen this in HWZ forums, and at the homes of many of my friends. There could be some silly/stupid reason why HP decided not to make some money from the local + regional market.


  1. Hello, may I know where did you buy your N40L from in US?

  2. From the HP. You may try it from other retailers too.


  3. Thank you so much! That did the trick, you saved me more endless hours of searching for a fix.

    HP server