Monday, February 21, 2011

Watching cricket world cup in High Definition

Back to Singapore and believe me guys. I've got a shock of my life when I reached my home. For a moment I thought I entered the wrong house and only realized after my domestic helper wished me.

This is CRICKET period and I am one of those lucky guys who's got MIO TV at home with sports subscription which is WORKING.  So no wonder my living room is filled with friends, friend of a friend and friend of a friend of friend and some unknown faces (who later introduced that they worked in my wife's friend's ex-company).
If you don't believe come to my house next Sunday during India match and you can have first hand experience on how complicated Indian friendships or relationships can be..


Coming to the point, I confess watching the sport in HD is really an unique experience. I still remember the Prudential cup (1987) matches and to watch the match in 11" B&W television set we traveled almost close to 50 KM to a relative's (Refer to above to understand the definition of relative) home. It's great with the added graphical display showing the replay's and analysis.

Here we've two different feeds, one in Hindi and the other in English. Hindi feed is exactly the same as those transmitted in India while I believe English version is some thing exclusive to paid viewers. So the + or - point based on how you see is, THERE ARE NO ADVERTISEMENTS.. Seriously no ad even during the drinks time or lunch break. For me it's really boring to watch complete game without the 'masala' ads coming in between. Anyway my friends liked it and I am guessing to see more crowd during the next weekend.

Another interesting thing I observed is the match between Srilanka &  Indian Canadian teams. I think the Canadian cricket team is filled with folks from south asian origin and its almost like watching our Indian team 10-15 years back. They are slow in the field, often dropped catches, missed run-outs but I am impressed with their spirits. If they'd have done better in the field, they'd have shown the Srilankan's a tough time. Anyway's best of luck and move on guys..





No comments:

Post a Comment