Friday, December 27, 2013

Singapore Do Not Call registry - Effectively became another beaurocratic process.

You guys may have seen this yesterday.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/new-exemption-order-under/934376.html

There are now exemptions to a law that allows consumers to bar unsolicited calls, text messages and faxes from telemarketers. Organisations that have an "ongoing relationship" with customers will be allowed to send out marketing messages without having to check the Do Not Call (DNC) Registry.


I was quite happy when I saw the DNC registry news in October but now it's just another framework thanks to this last min news. 

So now Singtel, SH or M1 or Credit card companies can still FLOOD my inbox with SPAM mails and messages wherever I am and whatever I am doing. Some relief is this is not applicable to Calls. 

I wished Singapore to show the world in terms of privacy but it seems the folks drafting the new rule are convinced by companies and accepted that we the subscribers are 'owned' by service providers.

Disappointed.. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment