Sunday, July 1, 2012

Roku Player - No more FREE Indian Channels, No more FREE News Channels

Recently the Yupp TV & other free channels were found missing from ROKU channel store. Seems like ROKU is simply ignoring the content part. When they lost the Youtube access I thought that's the end of ROKU.

They survived almost an year thanks to the loyal customer base. But now I believe with Apple TV & Google Nexus coming soon in to the markets at similar price points, ROKU will be facing a tough battle. Unless they start doing some modifications to their content offering I see this is the end for ROKU.

Today most of the LED TV's are coming with smart tv capabilities and they do not need an external player to simply connect to youtube/streaming content. Roku need to do much more. be it entertainment or games or whatever. Prefer not to through this cute little box but I guess no choice if they don't improve their offering

4 comments:

  1. Must pay to get it.. no free lunch dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the content that YuppTV charges 14.99 for is available free via YouTube channels e.g. ZeeTV, Zoom, NDTV etc. After using the AppleTV, I have given up on Roku for Indian channels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats right. no point going for roku now. Apple TV or Google seems to be much better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Quick questiοn that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trуing to fіnd a templatе or plugin that might be able tο cοгrect this issue.
    If yоu have any suggestionѕ, please sharе.
    Thаnk you!
    my web site - Sony Led Tv - Range Review

    ReplyDelete